Re: [opensuse] Spell Check not working in TexWorks (Solved)
Peter,

On 06/05/2015 04:48 AM, Peter Ragosch wrote:
Am Thu, 04 Jun 2015 14:42:36 -0400
schrieb Mike Coan <mikecoan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Greetings,

I have been using TexWorks and the TexLive collectoion on opensuse
for a number of years. Spellcheck was always available in TexWorks.

At work I use opensuse 13.2 and at home I use Tumbleweed. The
version of TexWorks is 0.4.6 in both cases. opensuse 13.2 uses
Texlive2013, Tumbleweed uses Texlive2014.

In opensue 13.1 I could enable spellchecking in Texworks by going to
Edit --> Preferences --> General --> Spell-check language
and specify en-US. that option is not available.

Looking at the manual for TeXworks it specifically says how to
implement spell checking

Got to
Help --> Seetings and Resources --> Resources
and note the Resources directory. In my case it is

/home/mikecoan/.TeXworks

Create a subdirectoy called dictionaries and copy the dictionary
files from /usr/share/myspell to the new subdirectory. I ahve done
that and still no change.

I have installed TeXworks and Texlive from the standard oss
repositories in both cases. No special repositories.

If anyone has spell check working in TeXworks I would appreciate
knowing what you did.

Note that I have TeXworks configured to use use Plain TeX and pdftex,
but that shouldn't make a difference.

Mike

Hello Mike,

TeXworks Version 0.4.6 (openSUSE) [r.c29723a, 03.04.15 20:05] looks at
/usr/share/myspell/dicts by default, see below. On my openSuSE 13.2 the
following link should be added to get the spell checker working.

sudo ln -s /usr/share/hunspell /usr/share/myspell/dicts

Hope that helps
Peter
[stuff from TexWorks manual deleted]

Your solution worked perfectly. Thank you so much. A real time saver not to have typos highlighted.

Mike

--
Michael A. Coan
Woodlawn Foundation, Inc.