[opensuse] Spell Check not working in TexWorks
Greetings,

I have been using TexWorks and the TexLive collectoion on opensuse for a number of years. Spellcheck was always available in TexWorks.

At work I use opensuse 13.2 and at home I use Tumbleweed. The version of TexWorks is 0.4.6 in both cases. opensuse 13.2 uses Texlive2013, Tumbleweed uses Texlive2014.

In opensue 13.1 I could enable spellchecking in Texworks by going to Edit --> Preferences --> General --> Spell-check language
and specify en-US. that option is not available.

Looking at the manual for TeXworks it specifically says how to implement spell checking

Got to
Help --> Seetings and Resources --> Resources
and note the Resources directory. In my case it is

/home/mikecoan/.TeXworks

Create a subdirectoy called dictionaries and copy the dictionary files from
/usr/share/myspell to the new subdirectory. I ahve done that and still no change.

I have installed TeXworks and Texlive from the standard oss repositories in both cases. No special repositories.

If anyone has spell check working in TeXworks I would appreciate knowing what you did.

Note that I have TeXworks configured to use use Plain TeX and pdftex, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Mike

--
Michael A. Coan
Woodlawn Foundation, Inc.