Re: [opensuse] konsole dictating dimensions of gvim window
On 06/03/2015 08:34 PM, toothpik wrote:
I am running openSUSE v 13.1, konsole v 2.11.3, gvim v 7.4.729

if I start a gvim session from the konsole command line it assumes the
same dimensions as konsole -- if I instead start gvim from the alt-F2
run starter it assumes whatever dimensions I have specified in my
startup script, or it defaults to a cute 25 line by 80 column display

Interesting.
When i start up in those two modes I do get different sized windows but
neither is particularly large, certainly not the the same dimensions as
the konsole.

I'm running 13.1 (64bit)

Repository: KDE_Current
Name: konsole
Version: 4.14.3-1.4

Repository: openSUSE-13.1-Update
Name: gvim
Version: 7.4.052-4.1

*WHAT* *STARRTUP* *SCRIPT* ???

~/.viminfo
~/.vimrc
~/.gvimrc

or something in the ~/vim/ directory that might examine context.

And lets not forget the globals.
A quick RTFM tells me about

/usr/share/vim/vim74/syntax/syntax.vim
System wide syntax initializations.