[opensuse] Re: libKF5WindowSystem5 devel package?
On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 16:57, blue hut <g.bluehut@...> wrote:

I would like to code on the LXQt project.
So I checked out their code and walked my way through the cmake.
Currently I am trying to compile lxqt-config.
Running cmake and seeing what libs I need to install, so far I installed:

libqt5widgets-devel
libQt5DBus-devel
libQt5xml-devel
libQt5concurrent-devel
libqt5-qtx11extras-devel
libqt5-linguist-devel
liblxqt-devel

Now cmake is asking for FindKF5WindowSystem, exact message:

CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/lxqt/lxqt_use.cmake:62 (find_package):
By not providing "FindKF5WindowSystem.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
"KF5WindowSystem", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "KF5WindowSystem"
with any of the following names:

KF5WindowSystemConfig.cmake
kf5windowsystem-config.cmake

zypper told me libKF5WindowSystem5 is already installed and i dont see a libKF5WindowSystem5-devel package for this one, no idea why.

Why is there not devel package for this? Am I missing something here? :-)

As far as I know, LXQt is a derivate of LXDE, and as such does not use any
KDE5 / KF5 components at all.

So, I'd say something got bork-ed here. Either in one of the qt5-devel packages, or in the lxqt-devel packages
is a wrong Require or Buildrequire that leads to this try to find
a KF5 / Plasma5 component.

Ah! found the stupid:

In the liblxqt.spec [1] file, line 30:
[code]
BuildRequires: kwindowsystem-devel
[/code]

That should NOT be there, as it pulls in the whole kwin / KDE / KF stuff.
And this is repeated in more than one lxqt package:
lxqt-session, lxqt-about, ....

[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/X11:lxde/liblxqt/liblxqt.spec?expand=1

- Yamaban.