Re: [opensuse] Fibre speed [Was: raid use case]
On 2015-06-01 08:11, jdd wrote:
Le 01/06/2015 03:55, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

As I said, the main ISPs here are on a commercial war about who is
faster. One goes to 100 Mbps, the other does the same within weeks.
The one goes to 300, the other too. And both saying how fast our
browsing will be, LOL.

don't forget most people do not use they link only to surf, but also for
HD TV. If you have three HD TV at home, you will appreciate to ba able
to look at three different programms at the ame time, or stream HD films

Yes, mine is like that, but one TV only. At least for the moment ;-)

But I have measured the speed on the desktop machine and it doesn't seem
affected by the TV being on or not. The traffic goes via the router, but
I can not see evidence of it in ntop. I can not even find out the IP of
the TV.

So I do not know what bandwitdth the TV needs.

Now that I remember, there is a choice of about 10 Mbps plus TV.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)