Re: [opensuse] raid use case
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 09:40:28 +0200
James Knott wrote:

On 05/31/2015 02:42 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
I have it since recently, and the upload rate is still 10 times
lower
than the download rate. No technical reason for it, they just do.
Sure. Fibre is only a medium, it says nothing about the services
offered. Same for copper for that matter. If you buy an asymmetric
service, that's what you get - if you buy a symmetric service, ditto.

Asymmetrical service is due to the limitations of the technology.

Not exclusively as my previous posting clearly shows. Marketing gets in
the way too.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.3°C)