Re: [opensuse] Software installer fails to install rpm package

Il 29/11/2014 15:31, Carlos E. R. ha scritto:
On 2014-11-29 18:07, Marco Calistri wrote:

Here we go:

LC_ALL=C LANG=C xdg-mime query default application/x-rpm

gpk-install-local-file.desktop

Please, when posting commands do not allow lines to wrap. If you
can not avoid it, tell us.

:-O

The kernel and openSUSE flavours are contained in my sig below.

Ok, that's 13.2.

Ok, I have a 13.2 virtual system to compare to.

cer@oS-13-2:~> package-manager.desktop

That one is apparently the default on xfce.

cer@oS-13-2:~> locate package-manager.desktop
/usr/share/applications/package-manager.desktop cer@oS-13-2:~>

And that's where the file is.

cer@oS-13-2:~> locate gpk-install-local-file.desktop
/usr/share/applications/gpk-install-local-file.desktop
cer@oS-13-2:~>

And that's where your desktop file is. Maybe it is the default on
gnome, dunno.

Mine has this:

cer@oS-13-2:~> cat /usr/share/applications/package-manager.desktop
[Desktop Entry] X-SuSE-translate=true Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Install/Remove Software Exec=xdg-su -c '/sbin/yast2
sw_single' Icon=package-manager-icon Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=System;PackageManager;X-SuSE-ControlCenter-System;
NotShowIn=KDE;GNOME;MATE; StartupNotify=true

cer@oS-13-2:~>

which is quite different than on my 13.1 (and will probably fail)

And this is the other one, the one you have:

cer@oS-13-2:~> cat
/usr/share/applications/gpk-install-local-file.desktop [Desktop
Entry] X-SuSE-translate=true Name=Package Install Comment=Install
selected packages on the system Categories=System;
Exec=gpk-install-local-file %F Terminal=false Type=Application
Icon=system-software-install StartupNotify=true NoDisplay=true
MimeType=application/x-rpm;application/x-redhat-package-manager;application/x-deb;application/x-app-package;

cer@oS-13-2:~>

Well, now you have to find out what that "gpk-install-local-file"
does, if it fails, or what. The ball is on your field now :-)

I tested and it works in the same way (no information during the
install) as the one I used into the previous test:

package-manager.desktop, which calls package-manager --install %F

gpk-install-local-file -v Downloads/jre-7u55-linux-x64.rpm

18:29:38 GnomePackageKit Verbose debugging enabled (on console 1)

marco@linux-turion64:~> rpm -qa|grep jre
jre-1.7.0_55-fcs.x86_64

I guess if the GUI would provide some progress bar/install/additional
information to the user, should be appreciable.

Regards,

- --
Marco Calistri
opensuse 13.2 (Harlequin) 64 bit - Kernel 3.17.2-5.g5caf82d-default
Gnome 3.14.1 Intel® Core™ i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz × 4 - Intel®
Sandybridge Mobile