Re: [opensuse] PDFs printing 2" offset in landscape mode with Adobe
On 11/29/2014 08:49 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Can you just try with the stand alone acroreader?

It prints incorrectly.

Actually the print from a URL that I gave was to illustrate a landscape.
I first noticed the problem printing some landscape mindmaps.

Most of my stuff printing PDFs is that: mindmaps that I have generated
or Ooo documents I have generated or web pages I've saved as PDF images
using "print to file".

If it prints
incorrectly, print to postscript file, then view that file with "gv".

Yes, that is the 2" offset as well.

Mind, acroread often produces broken postscript and in that case the
only workaround is to "repair" it. No updates.

After some experimentation with other PPDs, some of them FOSSils, and
settings such as using
lpd://192.168.2.32/Brother%20RAW
I'm inclined to think that the vendor PPD I downloaded from the Brother
site that the problem lies in either that PPD basically, and my
knowledge of the internals of PPDs is asymptotic zero, or something in
how it interacts with adobe reader specifically.

This printer seems more capable than I thought, at first

NMAP tells me

PORT STATE SERVICE
21/tcp open ftp
23/tcp open telnet