Re: [opensuse] PDFs printing 2" offset in landscape mode with Adobe
On 11/28/2014 02:11 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-11-28 14:22, Anton Aylward wrote:
This is pretty consistent.
If I print in landscape mode with Adobe the image is raised about 2",
that is the top 2" are cut off and there's white-space at the bottom.

Adbobe, I presume, is the default, since when I visit, using firefox the
following

Adobe? You mean acroread? No way it can be the default, as it is no
longer distributed. Adobe no longer supports Linux.

What are you really using? what oS?

12.2
Why? What do you use?

They may not support it but that doesn't stop me running it :-)

The reason I ask this is that this odd formatting is recent and I wonder
if it is to do with the way adobe invokes ghostscript to hand off to
CUPS in postscript.

Damn it all, this printer can handle PDF directly!

zypper info acroread
Reading installed packages...

Information for package acroread:
---------------------------------
Repository: @System
Name: acroread
Version: 9.5.4-1.1
Arch: i586
Vendor: openSUSE
Installed: Yes
Acroread is a well known PDF viewer.

Adobe Reader is often the only program able to process complicated PDF
files, such as PDF forms. However, there are many bugs where we cannot
do anything about because it is proprietary binary-only software.

Please consider whether it is possible to use free PDF readers like
okular, evince, xpdf, ghostview, ... instead.