Re: [opensuse] Tumbleweed users should do zypper up or dup to stay current?
Op vrijdag 28 november 2014 17:51:21 schreef Cristian Rodríguez:
El 28/11/14 a las 17:47, Moby escribió:
I have some systems that I upgraded to OSS tumbleweed. The upgrade
itself was done via zypper dup. With the recent changes to tumbleweed,
do I need to do a zypper dup on a regular basis to stay current with
tumbleweed or can I keep on doing zypper up like I am used to from the
past?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Use zypper dup .. packages may be renamed, removed..etc..

The problem with zypper dup is that you may have other repositories from where
you want to use packages which are also present in OSS Tumbleweed. So a dup
where you specify not to change to another provider would be needed. AFAIK
this is not possible at this moment.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE