Re: [opensuse] Software installer fails to install rpm package
Il 28/11/2014 17:49, Andrei Borzenkov ha scritto:
В Fri, 28 Nov 2014 19:58:18 +0100 "Carlos E. R."
<robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

On 2014-11-28 06:51, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
В Fri, 28 Nov 2014 02:19:29 +0100 "Carlos E. R." <> пишет:

I briefly tested it (double clicking on RPM file) in 3.2/GNOME
and it started installation and resolved and downloaded
dependencies from remote repositories so it appears to do exactly
what is requested already. Unfortunately, interface is very
minimalistic - you do no get any real feedback what is happening,
no progress bar, no information how many or which packages will
be installed additionally and whether they are required or
recommended. I suppose with large RPM file(s) and slow connection
it may simply appear to hang.

See my other post.

In my case, it calls yast, because I removed packagekit, which
would be the default.

I did not change anything, so apparently it is calling GNOME
software manager in my case.

Which app/script is called by software-manager and which by
package-manager in openSUSE?

Unluckily the stuff is a bit hidden in Gnome!

Thanks.

Regards,
--
Marco Calistri