Re: [opensuse] Does openSUSE store IPv6 addresses somewhere?
On 11/28/2014 10:58 AM, James Knott wrote:
On 11/28/2014 10:44 AM, James Knott wrote:
Wireshark on that VLAN on the desktop shows only the proper RA, but both
on the Ethernet interface. The router shows only the proper RA on the
VLAN, but both on Ethernet and the laptop shows both when connected to
the guest WiFi, which is on the VLAN.
Mystery on the Ethernet side resolved. I didn't notice Wireshark was
capturing the VLAN packets. The ones that showed the VLAN RAs contained
the 801.Q VLAN tag. Still, how is the wrong RA getting across to the
laptop via WiFi on VLAN 5? There are no VLAN tags there.

It appears the problem may be in my TP-Link TL901ND access point. I
tried pinging a bogus IPv6 address that should be on the main subnet and
the pings appeared there at the firewall and desktop computer. However,
on the laptop, connected to the guest WiFi on the VLAN, I could also see
the pings there. I can only conclude that the access point is passing
IPv6 icmp from the mail main network to both SSIDs. I'll have to see if
I can get a managed switch to prove this.