Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery with 12 volt Jelly Car Battery
On 11/26/2014 07:50 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-11-25 20:22, Anton Aylward wrote:
The question was "why 19VDC?" That meant why, since the
electronics run on 5VDC or less and _maybe_ the disk motor needs
12VDC and _maybe_ the DVD burner needs 12VDC is the thing being
supplied with 7VDC over its obvious need?

My guess is that it was (years ago) needed to power the display
fluorescent backlight. When running on battery, a step-up
converter switched on. This is no longer the case, they use LEDs,
so we have /tradition/. In industry, tradition means not having to
redesign proven practices.

Just a guess. :-)

Seems logical enough to me to be believable

--
/"\
\ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign