Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery with 12 volt Jelly Car Battery

Felix Miata wrote:

Plastic cases retarding heat radiation instead of metal, and batteries packed
together with no air space between, probably don't help. These do speak to
the desirability of external battery placement. What stops me from trying
external batteries is these things usually need more than one battery, with
installation/placement logistics complicating further, times the number of
locations needed.

You forget the rather intense heat generated when the unit is actively
working, during a power failure. They are designed for short periods of
"work".

I forget no such thing. Their heat production and fans keep me quite aware,
causing running the cooling system more and the heating system less according
to season.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/