Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery with 12 volt Jelly Car Battery

John Andersen wrote:

I have several standard off the shelf consumer UPS units that are on
their second or third set of batteries. Each set lasted several years.

The problem may be heat disposal. They are very compactly built. Some
components degrade with heat.

Batteries especially. :-( Saving electricity by keeping the cooling season
thermostat above 72F several degrees is not without offsetting costs. Besides
needing to do laundry more often, I've too often gotten less than 30 months
out of battery sets, sometimes not even 22. As many as 36 is unusual.
Sometimes they swell so badly they cannot even be removed to be replaced.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/