Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery with 12 volt Jelly Car Battery
On Mon, 24 Nov 2014 20:55:02 -0500
James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 11/24/2014 04:50 PM, jdebert wrote:
I'm curious about how long a typical "consumer" UPS can run on
battery before it fails. What would the maximum run time be and
what limits it. Never know when you'll need it for longer than a
few minutes. If I were in the middle of editing media I would want
as much time as I can get to get to a decent save point before
shutting down. Same for games.

jd

That would depend on the capacity of the UPS and the load it's
supporting.

Not so simple. Sorry. The design must also be considered as many
"consumer" UPS are deliberately designed to operate at no more than a
few minutes or for more than a few times. They barely operate as
specified. They are very cheaply built at low cost and can be sold at
low prices.

jd