Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery with 12 volt Jelly Car Battery
On 11/25/2014 12:48 PM, John Andersen wrote:
You are conflating things that might be outside your computer with
things that are inside it.

Everything inside your computer (beyond the power supply) runs on DC.

With a DC supply, capable of generating 5 and 12 volts, you don't need
anything else.

I'm not conflicting anything. I just described what happens within a
switching power supply, as is used in a PC. With that box, you have AC
coming in and DC coming out. The stages I showed were part of that
process and nothing else. As I tried to explain, by using high voltage
DC, you can bypass the DC > AC in the UPS and also the AC > high voltage
DC in the power supply, which in turn provides a bit better efficiency
than running AC between the UPS and computer power supply.