Re: DC-DC thoughts (was "Re: [opensuse] UPS : replacing battery ...")
Carlos, et al --

...and then Carlos E. R. said...
%
% No, I mean technically. Where to find the convertors and the rest of the
% hardware, how to design it... and of course, calculate costs and savings.
[snip]

Try some marine & cruising lists. My dad lives on a boat and uses DC-DC
to power his [desktop] computer, monitor, TV, USB hard drives, and more;
that's a very boat-ish and RV-ish thing to do.

I have my doubts about whether, for someone with essentially an unlimited
power budget compared to the limited house battery on a boat, the power
and heat savings will outpace the cost of components for anyone other
than the technical hobbyist able to assemble from parts. The other thing
about living on a boat is that it's expensive :-)

Good luck!

:-D
--
David T-G