Re: [opensuse] [OT] film [Was: openSUSE-13.1: at 17:00 system begins thrashing: What is cause?]
On 2014-11-23 16:40, Anton Aylward wrote:

Its a con-game to make us spend, spend, spend!

I no longer spend on film, paper, chemicals, lamps, equipment, lab
space, dark room. Only the camera is needed.

Nor have I to wait to finish the roll and have it developed and printed.
Sure, on the last years the processing could be done in an hour - after
you finished the roll, blind.

Nor do I need to scan the prints in order to send emails, compose
documents in OO, or do some digital enhancing with gimp.

And even cheap cameras are so smart now that they can take a night photo
of a person, getting the dark background plus the person with flash,
both correctly made. Not an easy trick on film, which I used, so I know
how complicated it was to get it right on a single attempt (subjects
don't like you taking five more photos, differently adjusted, making
them wait for the flash to recharge on each). Or cameras that can
process a dark scene and remove camera shake. And they fit inside a
pocket! Thousands of photos!

So no, I don't miss film that much. What I regret is the price of good
cameras and having to learn new techniques.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >