[opensuse] Re: btrfs (with subvolumes) & raid-1 setup
On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 11:25:53 -0500
Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There's still been noting state that necessitates having the root of a
BtrFS being a subvolume of itself. Those arguments too are all
strawmen,

You're mixing apples & oranges...

First of all I *never* wrote that 'having the root of btrfs as
subvolume' is *necessity* - it's just convenience.

Secondly, my system boots and the problem is how to configure Grub2 to
do it without my intervention - if you managed to read my reply to
Andrei, you can see what's the problem.

Iow, the problem is some bug in Suse's grub-mkconfig, since on Debian I
get something like:

[...]
linux /@/boot/vmlinuz-3.16-2-amd64 root=xyz ro rootflags=subvol=@ quiet
initrd /@/boot/initrd.img-3.16-2-amd64

and this should be fixed!! (I already used my free-time slots today, so
if don't get some reply from Andrei, will take a closer look myself.)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be elevated in yoga when, having renounced
all material desires, he neither acts for sense gratification