[opensuse] Re: boot with root as subvolume
On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 11:29:02 -0500
Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

You do not have a separate /boot listed there.

Correct.

I'd be interested in learning why you chose not to have a
separate /boot partition.

Because the Linux OS has advanced and there is no longer required to
keep separate /boot.

Moreover, I use Debian with such setup for more than one year without
any problem:

UUID=xyz / btrfs defaults,noatime,compress=lzo,autodefrag,subvol=@ 0
0
UUID=xyz /home btrfs defaults,noatime,compress=lzo,autodefrag,subvol=@home
0 0

As you can see, there are not so many subvolumes as created by default by Yast,
but it works.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person who has given up all desires for sense gratification,
who lives free from desires, who has given up all sense of