Re: [opensuse] Re: Use crontabs (was Re: openSUSE-13.1: at 17:00 system begins thrashing: What is cause?)
On 2014-11-23 12:29, jdd wrote:
Le 23/11/2014 12:19, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

But there is no "man anacrontab". Although it is the first time, in
years, that I even notice anacron being mentioned in the openSUSE man
pages.

may be have to be installed?

Ah, maybe.

for any reason, anacron, even being part of cronie is not installed by
default (30ko :-))

I considered doing it some time ago and decided against. What I read did
not convince me, at the time, that it was compatible or a good thing.

quoting yast:

cronie-anacron - Utility for running regular jobs

Anacron becames part of cronie. Anacron is used only for running regular
jobs. The default settings execute regular jobs by anacron, however this
could be overloaded in settings.

The wording is unclear. I don't get it, whether existing jobs switch
over automatically to anacron, or not. I do not want them to switch, but
I might consider creating my own new jobs anacron mode.

That the suse devs did not move their own jobs to it, and keep using
run-crons, is a consideration.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

< Previous Next >