Re: [opensuse] openSUSE-13.1: at 17:00 system begins thrashing: What is cause?
On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:06:08AM -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
El 20/11/14 a las 00:06, John Andersen escribió:

Well, its 13.2 so I hope that is recent enough ;-)

I was more interested in the setting of time of he individual jobs
that are scheduled for the system on a daily or hourly basis, etc.

You can do that with systemd timers functionality, though you can't
just put these jobs there..you will have to:

a) Rewrite everything or..

b) Use something called systemd-cron which acts as a translator from
crontabs to systemd units. This is a third party addon, as
introducing this bridge between incompatible worlds was rejected for
inclusion in systemd.

The imcompatable worlds between Linux and SystemD

iFor 15 years cron has made an most excellent alarm clock, and controls
a decent number of x25 boxes in the hours, reminds me of appointments,
cleans my log files out and automates mirroring and rekicks a number of
remote servers.

It is good to know that systemD will now save me ...

Ruben

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com