Re: [opensuse] Why those packages wish to be installed?
Le 21/11/2014 17:00, Anton Aylward a écrit :

Like others here I use Darktable and like many other I make use of the
Toganm_Photography repository. The owner pulls and complies the latest
updates daily. So far he's ALWAYS more up to date than the openSuse
repositories.

as said in that thread, the version name of the packages have no signification, how one can know what is the newer?

So far. But if the openSuse one are ever more up to date
then I want THAT one and no his!

do you understand what packman mean? there are standard apps, but crippled, with no mp3/mp4 (etc.) capability, I want *only* packman

I suspect you are in the same situation with packman, you want the most
up to date, regardless of whether its in the main repo or the packman repo.

certainly not

differential priority doesn't matter) or the most up to date version?

I want one that is usable

other example, I use jearg shilling cdrecord and di not want at any price to have the wodim one, so the cdrecord repo

jdd