Re: [opensuse] Why those packages wish to be installed?
  • From: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 17:41:49 +0300
On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Before everyone puts arrows in you, tumbleweed mandates zypper dup be used.

Yes, it was true in the past because new TW version was based on
different repository so you could not expect that it had higher RPM
versions. Now, when we expect TW to stick to the same repo forever,
this reason no more exists.

I always like to know exactly where packages are coming from so I use:

zypper dup --from <repo#>

This works only if you want all packges from there. E.g. I have QEMU
BIOS from Virtualization repo (because it is actual) but QEMU itself
from stock 13.2. If I did "dup --from Virtualization" I would get all
QEMU replaced.

That what I meant when I said "unless you are absolutely sure in
content of your repositories". But content changes over the time ...