Re: [opensuse] openSUSE-13.1: at 17:00 system begins thrashing: What is cause?
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 05:27:53PM -0600, Philip Amadeo Saeli wrote:
Help!

It has to have somethng to do with systemd

Every day the last few days at precisely 17:00, my openSUSE-13.1 system
begins thrashing furiously and becomes unusable for 1-2 hours or so.
I've been trying to figure out what runs at that time, but the system
has again become too unresponsive for me to find out. Also, since it
appears to be I/O bound, it doesn't show up in the "top" display.

Yes, the system is using quite a bit of swap space presently, and I am
not yet able to kill off any more processes to free up VM space (which I
hope to do as soon as I have some spare cycles to take the time to do
it). Yes, I'd very much like to have a system with more RAM, etc., but
I do not have that now.

If anyone has any idea what may be running at that time, I'd like to
know. I know it is a long shot, but my system is currently unusable and
I have a 1-2 hr wait before it again becomes usable (based on my
experiences the past few days), so ....

BTW, I'm sending this via another system.

Thanks!

--Phil

--
Philip Amadeo Saeli