Re: [opensuse] Re: btrfs (with subvolumes) & raid-1 setup
On 11/19/2014 1:52 PM, Darin wrote:

On November 19, 2014 3:52:17 PM EST, John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/19/2014 12:33 PM, Gour wrote:
Otoh, I wonder, since it's official decision to use XFS to /home to
follow their hint and wait when /home with btrfs will become official
practice, possibly with subvolumes.

That's what I did. I'm not sure why they did it this way, but they
have
spent more time thinking abut it than I did, so I went with it.

Also I wanted to encrypt home (and another project directory) and Yast
didn't
offer encryption for Btrfs, even though the documentation said it can
be done.

I've encrypted my home dir with ecryptfs over btrfs and have been running
that way for a very long time now. This isn't "available" or "supported" by
yast or whatever but is fully supported outside that by the kernel,
encryptfs-utils, pam-config, etc.

Does Btrfs see that as one big file or what?
Does it affect snapshots in any way?