[opensuse] Re: btrfs (with subvolumes) & raid-1 setup
On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 17:27:08 +0300
Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I did it in previous openSUSE releases (not production system
though). Downside is that you cannot use YaST partitioner;

I'm thinking about cofiguring one disk and then manually add the 2nd one
into mirror.

Otoh, I wonder, since it's official decision to use XFS to /home to
follow their hint and wait when /home with btrfs will become official
practice, possibly with subvolumes.

Do you use XFS or what you recommend for /home?

also not sure about yast-bootloader - it will likely not understand
that there are multiple disks to install bootloader on. Although
editing /etc/default/grub_installdevice manually could work.

Iirc, I had to manually install Grub2 into MBR on Debian as well, so not
a big issue.

Sincerely,
Gour

--
A person is said to be elevated in yoga when, having renounced
all material desires, he neither acts for sense gratification