Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
Le 19/11/2014 08:35, jdd a écrit :

I think it should be able to read any dvd iso without other tool -

probably right for dvd images, but do not accept ntfs image with iso extension. That don't mean that it can't open them, but of course not with iso driver :-).

but...

if the media is writable, the files will be... so may be this is a dead end.

If the OP read this, is it possible to know, at least approx, what is the size of the total data, and the max size of individual files?

the summary, as far as I can understand is that there is no such thing of "unbreakable" data disk.

hard disk drive, specially ssd, are very sturdy and solid devices, but I don't know of any way to grant the files to be read only. setting a device between the disk and the computer on client side is too easy to be ommitted, dvds or BDs are read only (but 50Gb is the max size), but are easily destroyed and written ones are not very reliable (opposing to printed ones).

The only effective way I can see to share securely large data is network access through secure vpn, with fiberglass links, data being kept safe on vendor side

jdd