Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
Le 19/11/2014 00:37, Carlos E. R. a écrit :
On 2014-11-18 23:35, jdd wrote:
Le 18/11/2014 21:28, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

there is no "iso" file system

Of course there is. With peculiarities.

Look at the man page on mkisofs(1):

genisoimage - create ISO9660/Joliet/HFS filesystem
with optional Rock Ridge attributes

filsystem. :-)

well, right, but you have to add the relevant part "ISO9660/Joliet/HFS..."

ISO is International Standard Office and I guess most file systems are registered by ISO :-)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660

shows than most modern system do *not* fit with ISO9660, if you don't add joliet or rockridge, this may be why the OP did not succeed reading it's disk. UDF is necessary if large file are on the tree.

Not really. cdrecord is used because of limitations of the dvd/cd
writer. Otherwise, you could just use cp, if the hardware allows it. And
for a HD, it does.

I never tried cp for direct writing on block device, but it may work

what I can say for sure is that windows can open any block device with good file system. For example, it can open an usb key with 13.2, bootable one, said "hybrid image", but windows 8 do not read more than the EFI folder :-)

I think it should be able to read any dvd iso without other tool - acetoneiso was used up to XP to read protected isos (games)

jdd