Re: [opensuse] Firewall
On 11/18/2014 02:24 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2014-11-18 19:45, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 11/18/2014 01:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

As a matter of fact, my router finds out the names of windows
machines it serves via dhcp.

What is your router?

A TP-Link. TD-W8970.

Is it flashed with WRT?
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/td-w8970

Which version?

Its a very nice device but I don't see anything in the spec that make me
think its DHCP server communicates with a DNS server.

If this is a windows only then that has nothing to do with the DHCP
server issuing changes to a Dynamic DNS server as an earlier post by
Bernard Voelker implied. I've set that up for a Linux based DHCP/DBS
and it requires the DHCP server knowing the cryptographic key for the
DNS server. I don't see anything in the w8970 spec that indicates this
capability.

Souping up names for Windows machines that are broadcasting their names
and addresses, as I mentioned earlier, is quite another matter.