Re: [opensuse] Read-only NTFS Disks?
On 2014-11-18 22:52, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
On 11/18/2014 12:28 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

And so I tried this, with the exception of putting the NTFS
filesystem on /dev/sdg1. (mkfs.ntfs complained about building
a filesystem on the whole disk)

Ah, yes, I thought so.

Everything worked perfectly on the Linux side, but not on
Win-7. Windows was able to mount the NTFS filesystem and
it saw the test.iso file, but the only thing it would allow
us to do was to burn something to what it thought was a
cd-burner called test.iso. Windows is really dumb! I'm
going to have to research this further on the Windows side.

I told you already a list of software that does the trick on Windows.
I'm not going to post it again. Something about a solvent. Read! >:-)

Also, I suggested that you can mark the files as read-only using a
virtualized Windows on your site. Linux will not see/respect that, but
Windows will.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)