Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 13.2 and old xp computer
Le 17/11/2014 21:05, Anton Aylward a écrit :

if JDD mean its easier to maintain if you know how its configured and
taking the defaults means you don't have to think about it, the I see
his point. But Carlos has a valid point to.

yes, sure. Don't forget also, I where at a point where I had to promote openSUSE 13.2, so using the *new* default was pretty obvious :-)

I also give an appointment to my next Linux User Group meeting to fix or debug if necessary :-).

by the way what I fear most is losing new stuf. When one keeps his old habits, most things works, but he miss the new, and possibly good stuff, and get route to problepms.

soon or later, we have to go to btrfs, better learn to use it now, where there are alternative

Having an uptodate file system was a pretty nice argument at the question "what is different on openSUSE' :-)

jdd
NB: by the way, new openSUSEs distros works *very well* (mean "surprisingly well" :-) on very old hardware