Re: [opensuse] Konsole disappearing
On 11/17/2014 03:08 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
On 11/17/2014 06:00 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
Detail is always helpful.
Or it can be overwhelming.

I'm not denying that, but my experience, and I think others here will
agree, is that if you omit something it might be the important detail
that changes the view of everything.

I had two eggs over easy up on toast, two sausages, and coffee for
breakfast.

Enough detail? No?
Toast was unbuttered. Wholewheat. Coffee was Ethiopian Harrar. Better now?

Konsole runs only under X, and usually in KDE. No further detail was needed.

When I see people asking questions and following with a wall of text
explaining every possible thing in their system, my eyes glass over,
and TL;DR strikes again. I'm off to something of interest.

Simple questions are most appropriate to issues like this.

Anything you start from a konsole SHOULD NOT bring down the konsole with
the possible exception of an extra "exit" or sudo reboot command, etc.

The question was clear and focused without all the detail about virtual ttys,
multiple desktops, xterms, or other obfuscating nonsense.

It occurs to me that my sig line is especially appropriate there......