Re: [opensuse] kernel support for older filesystems
Anton Aylward composed on 2014-11-17 17:01 (UTC-0500):

Felix Miata wrote:

Given support for EXT2 & EXT3 in the EXT4 driver for some considerable time,
what reason would there be for a mere mortal to use the older driver for
whatever EXT2/3 filesystems may actually be used?

Possibly a stripped down, minimalist, very small kernel, that has a lot
of other drivers removed as well.

Someone who would do that is not someone I would categorize as "mere mortal",
a software user, not a software builder. I know such kernels exist, as I use
such in a STB daily. But, I did include those qualifying words on purpose
because of the puzzling way the thread had been going.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/