Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 13.2 and old xp computer
Le 17/11/2014 19:44, Carlos E. R. a écrit :

Yes, but you do not have to go with defaults. I would not allow btrfs on
an old machine for two reasons: it needs more space (I would start at 50
gigs), and more workload (disk and cpu). I would use ext3 or 4 on root.

during install parties, I try to avoid as much as possible to change defaults, much easier to maintain afterward

On the other hand, the solution your friend suggested, creating a /boot
partition is correct. But I would create it with ext2 (two). Although no
need to shrink /windows, it can be anywhere. Even a logical partition works.

Is ext2 always available? It was my first idea, but i think I have read than not every system read it :-(

what made me glas there is that with Linux there is always a solution, often many. Trys this with the competition :-)

jdd