Re: [opensuse] Konsole disappearing

On November 17, 2014 5:17:05 AM PST, Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Re: opensuse 13.2

I use konsole (kde's terminal app) a fair amount.

At least twice my windows seem to have just disappeared.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I don't know what is triggering it. The last time, I noted I had just
started Firefox and it seemed that when Firefox started, konsole died.

The last time, I looked in ps -ef output for a long running app I had
running and it wasn't there. Thus kde didn't just hide the windows,
they died.

Greg
--

I have not seen any misbehavior of konsole in 13.2.

I don't routinely stare browser there, but I do start other stuff from konsole
Windows, and I've not noticed any app taking down konsole when it crashed or
terminated normally.

If konsole were to crash you might find something in xsession errors.

But i doubt you could grep /var/log/ (as you mentioned in another post) and
find any useful info since logs are all binary due to systemd.