Re: [opensuse] Konsole disappearing
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:51:23 -0500
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 8:52 AM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/17/2014 08:17 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
Re: opensuse 13.2

I use konsole (kde's terminal app) a fair amount.

At least twice my windows seem to have just disappeared.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I don't know what is triggering it. The last time, I noted I had
just started Firefox and it seemed that when Firefox started, konsole
died.

The last time, I looked in ps -ef output for a long running app I had
running and it wasn't there. Thus kde didn't just hide the windows,
they died.

"obviously" - have you looked at the logs?

I missed that obvious one.

sudo grep konsole /var/log/* shows nothing of interest

Any other keyword you advise looking for.

(It has been a couple days since the last event, so I don't recall the
exact timing.)

Konsole has a number of start-up command line options (which can be in
the config file!)

One of then is to hold the session open even after it ends.

Check the HELP for more details.

I assume you mean konsole --noclose.

- I don't see any konsolerc docs. I how to I set --noclose to be
default in the the config file.

- What good will --noclose do me? Let me read on screen error messages?

Thanks
Greg