Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 13.2 and old xp computer
On 11/17/2014 07:25 AM, jdd wrote:
As you may know, default 13.2 installs BTRFS on /.

GRUB2 BTRFS driver is pretty large and do not fit on some small first
sectors free space, one can find on old XP computers.

Please do recall you have options.
No-one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to use btrFS.

The constraints of older machines, lacking BIOS capability, lacking
certain instructions, lacking cores, lacking memory and disk space, can
still run less demanding file systems and boot methods.

You can still install with a root FS of ext2, ext3, or ext4 (or even
ReiserFS).

So while I congratulate you on your success and do note it, I'd like to
remind all and sundry of the "bleedin' obvious, aint it?" that relaxing
requirements can avoid a battle, that BtrFs was not included to vex and
challenge us.

I hope the XP was fully patched!