[opensuse] On not printing... (was thunderbird, 'don't ask again')
On 11/14/2014 09:35 AM, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
On 11/14/2014 08:36 AM, Anton Aylward wrote:

[2] Realistically I print very little. A ream of paper might last
me a year.

I also only use about a ream of paper a year, and half of that is used
to print my soduko puzzles from soduko.com. Which is also why I never
use inkjet printers. They tend to get clogged a lot from lack of use.

There is that.

I installed a drive for my phone & tablet to let them print over the
wifi connection to my desktop & CUPS. So there is the test page. I
represents maybe 2% of my usage.

what else?

I print recipes I find occasionally and my accounts for the accountant
come March.

It makes me wonder about the capital investment in a printer.

And yes, I have a clogged colour injet in the basement.
I spent more on ink than I did on the printer!

My Brother Laser was cheap enough. Its asked for a new drum twice and
I've 'reset'. No degradation. I buy the cheapest refills. No
degradation. I've friends that secumb to the costs the vendors insist
on, but I've too much paper in the house anyway!