[opensuse] wifi connections [Was: Upgrading 13.1 > 13.2]
On 2014-11-12 17:04, James Knott wrote:

As
an example, I frequent the local community centres where there is free
WiFi. But in order to use it, you have to use a browser to accept the
conditions. If I have that WiFi enabled on my phone, it connects to it
as soon as I enter the building. In the process, it diverts IP away
from the cell network to WiFi. But since I haven't opened a browser to
accept the conditions, my phone is now effectively disconnected from the
Internet, which means that I no longer get email, VoIP calls etc.. If
Android supported manual connection, then I could connect when I wanted
to, and not have to worry about being disconnected from the Internet
when I don't.

Yes, you have the option, but the name is different. You have to disable
automatic browsing for "free wifi", or something like that. My phone
does not automatically connect, I have to tap the wifi icon manually,
then it offers a list of choices. It only connects automatically to
those "known" connections, those that have been used previously.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)