Re: [opensuse] I thought I knew the basics - "tee" not working as I expected
Quoting Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>:
Is there a way to force tee to flush it's buffers? (Or tee may not be
the problem.)

== details

I have an interactive program I want to capture the output of. It
only has one prompt, then it runs to completion

It's a python app. I'm running inside konsole and my basic command is:

python preg.py | tee output_file

I'm not getting any output in konsole nor in the output_file until the app
ends.

Have you tried running the program in a "screen" session and logging the
session to a file? This is how my programming students turned in their
homework, log to a file, run the program, print the log, and turn it in. I no
longer remember the details, but from "man screen", it looks like "screen -L"
will do the job.

HTH,
Jeffrey