Re: [opensuse] Upgrading 13.1 > 13.2
On 11/12/2014 07:49 AM, James Knott wrote:
On 11/12/2014 03:05 AM, jdd wrote:
Le 12/11/2014 03:14, James Knott a écrit :

I'm not talking about during the install. I'm talking about after the
installation is complete. I install using an Ethernet connection. Just
to verify, I connected to another SSID with the appropriate password and
connected. I then rebooted and tried the same connection. It is again
asking for the password. This is clearly a bug that should never have
made it past testing.

OK

you have to go to the wifi parameters and give the pass there.

the wifi app should probably ask (tick option) if one wants to keep
the pass when asking for one

jdd

What are you going on about? I have been using WiFi for years and have
never seen the behaviour you describe. Not in Linux, Windows, Android,
iPhone, iPad etc.. Never. Why is it supposed to be the case now? With
all those, you're asked for the password when you first try to connect
and it is then remembered. This is clearly a bug.

Left click on the NM icon in the task bar; then click on the wrench icon. You should then be able to edit each connection and set the password for each. The password will then be remembered. This is perhaps a new "feature" of NM. :-)

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998