Re: [opensuse] migration from openSUSE 12.3 to 13.2 - from ifup to wicked
В Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:06:29 +0100 (CET)
Paul Neuwirth <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Hi,
I struggled long to migrate fully from initd to systemd. Now before I do
the step from 12.3 to 13.2, i have concerns of ifup being replaced.

How is it related to systemd?

Not
much answers found googling around.
A.
can ifup be used instead of wicked

As far as I know - not officially. You may be able to removed wicked
and install sysconfig back, but I did not look how difficult it is (I
use NM).

B.
is migration easy? following setup (IPv4 only):
2 physical network cards (RTL8111/8168)
eth0: LAN (DHCPd running on the machine)
eth1: (static ip) as connection to VDSL2 modem
dsl0: PPPoE dial-up device
lo
tun0: openvpn server running

That may be a problem, someone recently posted that tunX interfaces
were not activated by wicked on startup.

tun1: vpnc connection (manually created on demand using vpnc)
isdn0: backup ISDN dial-in connection (started manually)
modem0: backup UMTS dial-in connection (started manually)
C.
firewall configuration
I adjusted SuSEfirewall2 configuration a lot
(routing,masquerading,forwarding,...) and added custom scripts for
traffic shaping using tc and iptables.
have i take care of anything regarding this?

I believe that firewall does not depend on underlying networking
implementation, but I may be wrong here.

Thank's a lot in advance for any info/hints. It is very hard to find
information about, especially point C.

Regards,
Paul