Re: [opensuse] grub2 installation onto mdraid raid device
В Mon, 10 Nov 2014 02:01:09 +0100 (CET)
Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Hello:

Here is what I would like to do:
I have a system with two linux OSs, both are installed on mdraid raid1. I
would like to install grub2 on the root partitions/devices of the given OSs,
and a grub2 on MBR. The MBR grub2 would only chainload the other grub2 on the
root partition. Is this possible, how?

Not really. grub2 does not support installation of core.img on Linux MD
device. What is possible is to build core.img but not install it as
first stage (grub2-install --no-bootsector) and build special core.img
that will load and boot directly another /boot/grub2/i386-pc/core.img
from Linux MD and use it as first stage loader. I'm not sure if either
is directly supported by YaST. If you are interested to do it
manually, I could explain how.

I tried to install grub2 on /dev/md2 using grub-install /dev/md2 and
grub-setup /dev/md2 but apparently it hasn't succeeded, I can not chainload
it.

I would not like to have the real loader on MBR.

Thanks,

Istvan