Re: [opensuse] httpd won't go away
On 11/09/2014 08:50 AM, Ruben Safir wrote:
Actually, I have my own compliled package so it is called httpd and it
lives in /usr/local/apache and under /sbin/apachectl and it is called
httpd

Ah, you didn't mention this before.
Since you choose to do this and since you choose not to have it managed
by systemd, then arguing that systemd didn't tell you anything about it
seems pointless.

If you do something that doesn't correspond to the way the rest of us
run Apache but don't tell us that up front, then of course the advice we
give won't work.

But in this circumstance you have no reason to blame systemd; you chose
to run your "own compiled" version outside of systemd.