Re: [opensuse] Fresh 13.2 install fail - two problems - help please
В Sun, 09 Nov 2014 08:34:22 +0100
jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Le 08/11/2014 20:52, Andrei Borzenkov a écrit :

Browsing forums, there was reference to release notes:

http://doc.opensuse.org/release-notes/x86_64/openSUSE/13.2/#idm140129443081152

which describes exactly this situation "in newbie language" ...

no.

I have mbr computers with only linux. If I understand (but may be I
don't), it's the mbr that is a problem, not XP,

The problem is where first partition begins. In the past it was
customary to start at 63th sector; if system was installed using Windows
XP or earlier it most likely has this layout.

that mean every non uefi
computern that is most of the more than 2 years old computers?

I do not know when parted started to use 1MB offset for the first
partition.

I have many to install, so why I ask

usually I try to keep the install default as much as I can (it's much
easier to maintain afterward)

jdd