Re: [opensuse] Fresh 13.2 install fail - two problems - help please
On 11/08/2014 10:01 AM, jdd wrote:
Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

В Sat, 8 Nov 2014 10:24:12 -0600
listreader <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx> пишет:

Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/sdb1 63 40965749 20482843+ 7
HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Yes, that's the problem. grub2 core.img with btrfs support exceeds 63
(actually 62) sectors and cannot be embedded in post-MBR - not enough
space. Installation in extended partition is not possible because
btrfs does not support blocklists (too advanced for it ...)

does this mean 13.2 can't be installed as default on mbr system??

jdd

It Worked for me, but I did fiddle the partitions, because I was installing over
(wiping out) a previous system, and the damn thing kept insisting it was going
to try to cram the whole system into a tiny unused chunk at the end of the disk.

I used the custom partitioner, put swap partition first (old habit), then /
then /home then
/bulkdata. Accepted defaults for the rest, so I have no actual recollection
where the
boot loader went.

It seems to me that there was no option to nuke this disk and use it all.