[opensuse] Re: KDE for SLED?
On Fri 07 Nov 2014 11:10:20 PM CST, lynn wrote:

On 07/11/14 23:05, Malcolm wrote:
On Fri 07 Nov 2014 10:43:13 PM CST, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Gnome 3 requires heavy graphics with proprietary drivers, xfce
doesn't. Haven't you seen that "Oh no! Something went wrong" message
from gnome? You need something else in order to be able to login and
repair, if possible. If not xfce they will have to have something
very simple for emergencies.

Hi
I run intel graphics on most of my laptops, they handle GNOME 3 with
both openSUSE and SLED 12. The desktop with a nvidia card rocks along
quite nice with the nouveau driver on 13.2. I have another laptop
with an AMD 7430 running the radeon driver.

Haven't seen an 'Oh No' message since the 3.4 days and that was
mostly related to extensions...

That's a lot to pay for something you don't need.

The joy of having a nice stable GNOME 3 experience for use at
home, my wife loves using it on her laptop.

I don't even see a desktop on my SLES systems....

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.12.28-4-default