Re: [opensuse] KDE for SLED?

On 2014-11-07 20:12, John Andersen wrote:
On 2014-11-07 16:13, Stanislav Baiduzhyi wrote:
On Friday 07 November 2014 13:55:01 Carlos E. R. wrote:
Why gnome? Because that is what their clients prefer, I
expect.

I wonder if they really asked their clients, and if that was
the answer - how much of that goes from ignorance.
I'm sure they really ask them. They pay...

That's not asking them. That's TELLING them.

Where? Where in the above do I say they tell them them what to use?

Again, as the clients pay they are entitled to tell their provider
what they want, and the provider asks. I'm sure of that. Hey, other
companies ask me about what I bought from them. My car company asked
me a long list of detailed questions that took me hours to complete!
Most companies are interested in learning what their clients want.

Further, we have no sales figures, and we have no alternatives.

/You/ do not have sales figures. /They/ have sales figures. And they
don't have to tell you about them.

The market place for Sled is people migrating companies from
Windows, and Windows users are more comfortable in KDE because it
does things in similar ways.

But sled has had gnome for "centuries".

And most of the sales are not, my guess, people like you or me buying
it, but companies buying it for tons of installs in their companies.
They don't have to care about "nice", but about "productivity".

You do not like gnome, many people don't, and I understand that. I do
like gnome 2, and many people do, and you also have to understand
that. And its beauty for SLES/SLED is that you can NOT adjust it.
Almost not. From the employer point of view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Times_%28film%29

;-)

- --
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)

- --